Discover Care@Work Family Assistance Program
At Discover, we understand that caring for your family while you are at work can often be a challenge — often when you least expect it. To provide support to you and your family, we’re introducing the Discover Care@Work Family Assistance Program.
The Discover Care@Work Family Assistance Program is administered by Care.com. It’s a family care service that can help you find caregivers for your whole family, including your child, parents, grandparents and even your pets. Services include:
- Care.com Membership: You’ll have free access to a searchable database of providers offering family care support services, such as babysitters, nannies, tutors and private teachers. Once you find a caregiver, the cost of care is your responsibility.
- Backup Care for Children and Adults: Backup Care provides a safety net for when regular care is unavailable — day and night, seven days a week. You can use up to 15 days per calendar year of backup care (combined child & adult). You’ll share in the cost of care through copays:
- $4 per hour for in-home child or adult care
- $10 per day per child for in-center child care
Use your days for pre-planned or last-minute child or adult care. You can easily get set up with pre-screened, qualified caregivers for in-home care and child daycare centers near your home or office.
In response to COVID-19, you can currently use up to 20 days, instead of 15 days, of backup care. You can also receive reimbursement temporarily on the costs you incur (up to certain limits) for using a caregiver or center of your choice that’s not already available in the Care.com network.
- Senior Care Planning: You’ll have free access to a network of licensed social workers to help guide you and your family through the process of arranging for senior care. There is no cost for Senior Care Planning. However, you will be responsible for the cost of senior care.
- Child Care Select: You’ll be eligible for a 10% tuition discount on participating centers operating under the KinderCare, Knowledge Beginnings, CCLC and Champions trade names open to the general public.
Search LiveWell on myHR to learn more.