COVID-19Mind and Body
Emotional well-being resources
Optum Help Line for crisis support
- Free to anyone (share it with family and friends): 866-342-6892
Sanvello mobile mental health app
- Sanvello is an OnDemand App offering mood tracking, self-care resources, coping tools, and peer support. You can now access the premium version of Sanvello through our EAP at no additional cost to you. Go to liveandworkwell.com (access code: discover) to sign up or to reauthenticate your existing account. Just click on the Sanvello link to get started.
Live and Work Well resources
- Personal counseling
You and your family members can get up to seven free counseling sessions (per person, per issue, per year) with an Optum counselor. You can also consult your onsite counselor. During the pandemic, counselors will meet with you virtually.
- Referral services
Optum WorkLife Services will research and recommend providers who can help with some of your most pressing needs, such as daycare services, chronic condition support and more than 100 other services.
Family well-being resources
Community Online Academies
- Every Thursday, Perks at Work offers a full day of free online classes for adults and kids. Improve your work-from-home skills, stay fit, and entertain your kids with classes in dance, robotics and more. View the latest course calendar at perksatwork.com/discover.
- Check out the COA Kids Club, a free After-School Program for Discover Perks at Work members. Kids Club offers virtual after-school enrichment programs that will help your kids build meaningful friendships and leadership skills to overcome the challenges of COVID together. Age 5–16 – Mondays–Fridays. Check out details at perksatwork.com/discover.
Backup child daycare
- The backup child care benefit resets at the start of each year. During the public health crisis, we have increased this benefit from 15 days to 20 days. Daycare service is available for as little as $4 per hour through Care@Work’s Family Assistance Program. You also have the option to use your own caregiver for child care and get reimbursed for a portion of your costs through the new Personal Network. To get started with either option, go to Care@Work or call 855-781-1303.
Note: When you use the backup care benefits, the value of the hourly copay subsidized by the company is considered Imputed Income. This will be listed in the Imputed Income section on your paycheck and added to your taxable wages so appropriate taxes can be withheld.
- Torchlight Child offers a wide range of free resources—from online content to expert assistance to support groups—to help you balance your triple role as parent, teacher and professional while working from home during the pandemic. Sign up at no cost to you with your personal email address and share your login with family.
Podcasts for Parenting
- The Equal Parts podcast from Care@Work is dedicated to working parents trying to manage everything from conference calls to cooking dinner (at the same time). The series covers homeschooling lessons for parents, staying in sync with your partner during Covid-19, parenting during the pandemic, and embracing the imperfections of parenthood. Listen and subscribe on the app of your choice.
Discover Parents Network on Yammer
- Connect with other Discover parents about how you and they are handling the crisis.
Dependent Daycare Flexible Spending Account
- If your child daycare costs have changed significantly, you can start, stop or change your daycare FSA contributions. Call 844-337-6947 (844-DFS-myHR) for assistance.
Backup adult care
- Call 855-781-1303 to reserve an adult care professional through Care@Work. Care is available to every adult in your family and extended family, no matter where they live. Your cost is $4 per hour, with a four-hour minimum.
Senior care planning
- Work with a Care@Work senior care advisor, at no cost to you, to create a custom action plan for both immediate and longer-term adult care needs.
Senior caregiving resources
- Torchlight Elder is an online platform to help caregivers find the right information and resources related to caring for a senior parent or loved one. The platform offers expert guidance, webinars, and step-by-step personalized action plans designed to reduce stress and enhance the outcome for you as a caregiver at no cost to you.
- You’ll find articles, guides and self-help tools under the Life & Work tab of liveandworkwell.com (access code: discover) to help you with family dynamics, legal and financial matters, and more.
Physical well-being resources
Onsite Fitness Center: Group Exercise Classes
- Your Discover Fitness Center is now offering live virtual group exercise classes to all Discover employees at no cost to you! Reach out to our fitness center contacts to learn more!
Quit For Life
- This tobacco cessation program is free to all Discover employees and covered family members ages 18 and up.
WW (formerly Weight Watchers)
- During the pandemic, all WW workshops will be conducted virtually. To sign up and/or find a virtual workshop, visit discover.ww.com. Click here for a revised reimbursement form. Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Naturally Slim (through the BCBS medical plan)
- Naturally Slim offers a fresh approach to weight management. BCBS covers 100% of the cost if you are eligible. To be eligible, you must be age 18 or older, enrolled in the BCBS medical plan and meet certain requirements. Apply at naturallyslim.com/discover.
New Perks for Staying Fit
- During these tough times of at-home workouts, the administrator of the BCBS Well onTarget® Fitness program is introducing virtual fitness classes. The classes are open to all employees. Learn more and register here.